Subaru Impreza V4 Lightweight Underdrive Pulley Kit
GFB lightweight pulley kits are made from aircraft-grade 6061-T6 aluminium and offer faster acceleration through significant weight reduction on the crankshaft.
Most of our kits are underdriven, which means the accessories are driven slightly slower to reduce parasitic losses. GFB pulley kits are designed to improve acceleration by reducing the rotational mass (inertia) on the crankshaft as well as parasitic loads from the driven accessories. The effect is similar to a lighter flywheel, and the engine feels more lively and willing to rev.
We know that people are sometimes concerned about possible adverse effects of lightweight pulleys and underdriving, but rest assured we have done our homework! The underdrive ratios have been optimised to ensure there are NO adverse effects on the performance of the accessories, and whilst it is true that some engine types do suffer harmonic issues from lightweight pulleys, we steer clear of those. The kits we release are thoroughly application tested and do NOT cause engine damage in the short or long term.
Lightweight Pulley kit or lightened underdrive pulley's also suits:
- SUBARU GT MY98-00 SF 125kw Petrol Engine AWD Closed Off-Road Vehicle 06/98-04/01
- SUBARU Impreza 2.0 Turbo GT EJ20T MY94-00 GC 155kw Petrol Engine AWD Sedan 03/94-12/00
- SUBARU Impreza 2.0 Turbo GT EJ20T MY94-00 GF 155kw Petrol Engine AWD Wagon 03/94-12/00
- SUBARU WRX MY94-96 GC8C 155kw Petrol Engine AWD Sedan 03/94-09/96
- SUBARU WRX MY94-96 GC8C 155kw Petrol Engine AWD Wagon 09/94-09/96
- SUBARU WRX MY97-98 GC8D 155kw Petrol Engine AWD Sedan 07/96-09/97
- SUBARU WRX MY97-98 GC8D 155kw Petrol Engine AWD Wagon 07/96-09/97
- SUBARU STi MY94-96 GC8C 202kw Petrol Engine AWD Sedan 03/94-09/96
- SUBARU STi MY94-96 GC8B 184kw Petrol Engine Sedan 10/93-08/94
- SUBARU STi MY97-98 GC8D 206kw Petrol Engine AWD Wagon 07/96-09/97
- Brand: GFB